* **portable**: runs on embedded devices (Cervantes, Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook), Android and Linux computers. Developers can run a KOReader emulator in Linux and MacOS.
* **multi-format documents**: supports fixed page formats (PDF, DjVu, CBT, CBZ) and reflowable e-book formats (EPUB, FB2, Mobi, DOC, CHM, TXT). Scanned PDF/DjVu documents can also be reflowed with the built-in K2pdfopt library.
* **full-featured reading**: multi-lingual user interface with a highly customizable reader view and many typesetting options. You can set arbitrary page margins, override line spacing and choose external fonts and styles. It has multi-lingual hyphenation dictionaries bundled into the application.
* **integrated** with *calibre* (search metadata, receive ebooks wirelessly, browse library via OPDS), *Evernote* (export hightlights), *Wallabag*, *Wikipedia*, *Google Translate* and other content providers.
* **optimized for e-ink devices**: custom UI without animation, with paginated menus, adjustable text contrast, and easy zoom to fit content or page in paged media.
* **extensible**: via plugins
* **and much more**: look up words with StarDict dictionaries / Wikipedia, add your own online OPDS catalogs and RSS feeds, share ebooks with other KOReader devices wirelessly, online over-the-air software updates, an FTP client, an SSH server, …